NEW SHOP PLANS

NOTE: Joe is still catching up with pending work, so we advise to wait until everything is settled.

Parts design and fabrication

https://facebook.com/pages/category/Jew ... 968187295/
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

NEW SHOP PLANS

Post by neckyzips »

so, you guys know by now that i am building a shop at the house... much to the disappointment of the girl... i bought my first house a couple of years ago and have been renovating it. the house was a mess 1600sf with seven rooms down stairs and a stair case you could maybe get up if you crawled on your hands and knees, forget about getting a queen bed up... anyway we have been camping out in a caravan (camper caravan sounds better) for two years!

the house was cheap and came with a bit over one and a half acres about 1000 yards from the water, it took some begging and borrowing but i managed to buy it out right! so the plan is to do this renovation with out a loan... good plan as in the end, no mortgage payments! win! but its an argues task to say the least. buying materials when i can and working all hours, but it will be worth it! the whole of the down stairs have been opened up with the help of some well placed I beams and it just feels so nice with lots of windows and the open floor plan. the upstairs, added a full bath for the main bedroom and the other half of the up stairs a open sided loft looking down into the kitchen on one side and the living room on the other! i digress from the original post but want you guys to know whats going on, this during and after the saga with my folks that put me so far behind i am just now seeing light with work. anyway its getting better and with any luck ill be in the house this winter!

now back to the shop... i live in a very small community, its not even a town! there is one little strip kind of shopping center, which is the only rental space to be had. when i bought the house i was in a nice two car garage with the machine shop and an attached finished garage for the main work space it was perfect! but the new house had no work space so i rented a space in the little strip. all was ok for a bit, then the roof started leaking, came in one morning, there was water dripping down the whole of my work bench! its 22 feet long! splashing on dials, cases and movements! in the back it was pouring down on the milling machine and splattering the larger lathe! my land loard's fix was to move me into another unit, and letting me keep the original one for motorcycles etc. fine right except for moving... i will not rehash the story, but suffice to say hes a deranged passive aggressive A hole! the new shop which i find out after the fact is caring the power for all but one unit of the 5 unit building... making me pay a ton of a power bill on top of my rent. my new lease terms come in at twice my current rate, and combined with the power bill, there is no way i can do that! which leads me to having to build a shop at the house long before i planed to. it has always been the plan but was to be a large shop back in the propriety with room for bikes boats and maybe an apartment on top for rental... oh well maybe some day.

so that said, a hastily designed little shop is in process. the drawings took about 45 min to do so be kind... just something quick and easy, and since its right next to the house something that is not honorably ugly! i wanted to do a concrete floor but, here that would have cost me $16,000.00 for just the pad! no way i can do that! so pier and beam construction is the go. the building will be placed so i can run off the house with another roof line to join the building for a car port pole barn thing that i can fill in with concrete as i go; and use the first bay for larger mill and lathe! so i think it will all work fine, not ideal in the least but just fine. the building is 32 feet square with a little upstairs that will house the assembly room for the watches and allow me a space to set up my pad printer and etching equipment since they need a nice clean space to live. the main floor will house the machine shop, the main work space, and house the motos with some room to work on them. it is a tight fit but should work fine. it took some time to get my building permits in order as our county only has one inspector and he was out with a sick family member for a month... but every thing is in order now and after one more load of fill dirt (man it chaps my ass to pay for dirt...) i am ready to pour my piers and have my materials delivered!

as for continued work... well, i had hoped to go month to month on my lease so i could continue to work but that was a no go... so my friend that owns the marina at the end of my road let me clear out a space last night in his shop to set up my equipment so i can continue on with some projects. i will not be running full capacity, obviously, but enough to keep some awaited projects going. i apologize for any projects i did not get to before this but i did manage to clear out 90% of my back log, i will get the rest in a bit!

on to some images. like i said, be kind about the drawings, they were done quick! lol

some toys that are homeless at the moment...

tree clearing! i was lucky to have a bit of property on the other side of the road for the boats... (j24 is for sale if you want it!)

400 bucks worth of dirt... :cry:

elevation of the shop, dissreguard the placement and size of windows etc they will be second hand mismatch from craigslist...

site plan, see the big road cut through my plot... yes the main house is about 10 feet off of the other road... it was built in 1933... guess it did't matter then?

very basic floor plan showing construction yes i left the center wall out... lol and the stairs...

just a little detail showing how it will be built.. kind of lol

and that is it! thank you guys for the support in helping me get this together! if you feel the need to help (crowd funding by HF) you know my paypal address :thumbup: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

oh yeah! the big pantograph in the first photo is for sale!
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: NEW SHOP PLANS

Post by Emilio »

Good luck!

and thanks for sharing the shop plan pictures, it could become a series of its own! (with some videos maybe?) :) A time-lapse without narrating or something like that :idea:
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

Joe .. remember the NZ Webcam? ... so we can log in 24x7 and see you working!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks what you need is man power ... if you lived in Pennsylvania you'd have a bunch of Amish build that shop in a weekend!! :lol:

:clap: good work my friend ... seems that in your location, your own shop would be the best solution that you have total control over.
Alpacalypse Now
drkside
Banned
Banned

Post by drkside »

Good luck Joe! Can't wait to see what amazing pieces come out of that amazing new shop!
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by neckyzips »

Emilio wrote: May 17th, 2019, 8:21 am Good luck!

and thanks for sharing the shop plan pictures, it could become a series of its own! (with some videos maybe?) :) A time-lapse without narrating or something like that :idea:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you know, you are saying this to the guy that still can't figure out how to post a video to HF right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
donnell
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by donnell »

best of luck with the new plan :thumbup:
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

neckyzips wrote: May 17th, 2019, 8:51 am
Emilio wrote: May 17th, 2019, 8:21 am Good luck!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you know, you are saying this to the guy that still can't figure out how to post a video to HF right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
😅
leeyewfei
VIP
VIP

Post by leeyewfei »

where's the coffee corner for visitors?
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha
Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

Post by Hidden Impact »

:crazy: wow! do you ever plan on sleeping? that's a lot of work for a team of builders, let alone 1 person! i hope you are hiring help :wtf:
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by neckyzips »

leeyewfei wrote: May 17th, 2019, 9:00 am where's the coffee corner for visitors?
ha, under the stairs of course!

Hidden Impact wrote: May 17th, 2019, 9:36 am :crazy: wow! do you ever plan on sleeping? that's a lot of work for a team of builders, let alone 1 person! i hope you are hiring help :wtf:
the girl's brother is a contractor :D