cont... Necky's big adventure

NOTE: Joe is still catching up with pending work, so we advise to wait until everything is settled.

Parts design and fabrication

https://facebook.com/pages/category/Jew ... 968187295/
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

cont... Necky's big adventure

Post by neckyzips »

St. Croix was very clean compared to some of the other islands, (taking into account hurricane damage)

the crazy house we stayed in!

my bedroom way up there.

the grounds still had the ruins from the rest of the mill operation

another crab shot...

so... right... this happened me driving on about a 15% grade going towards the curve of death that dropped off a thousand or so feet... on gravel covered payment... surprisingly enough we got it back together, but it fell of the other way... lol

rainbows everywhere!

and were off to P R ! with a rig and sails... sort of... they fit my 19' day sailor perfectly... lol but made all the difference in the ride!

just very happy to not be flung from one side to the other and to be able to pee, with out wedging myself into a corner... lol

more sunsets...

sargaso grass...

longest i have ever let my facial hair grow...

PR, they didnt care for us much...

great music and food!

after several horrible anchorages (rolling all night) about 10 miles off the coast of DR with a proper squall headed toward us, these guys were trying to sell us a beautiful tuna! Cap, was scared of pirates... so no fish... turns out also scared of storms, crabs, snakes, sharks, swimming pigs, being in the ocean, and maybe girls... lol

rainbow end between us and land... we were so tired after rolling and listening to something in the boat squeak all night we didn't even go see if there was a pot of gold...

Ocean World! lol

$ did not realize it was used for Passo too...

i think everyone that came to this place took their photo with this RR

finally left DR this was coming into the Turks, yep more sunsets... this one was amazing photos dont do it the whole horizon was filled

ahhh, calm smooth water!

shark central... and our little mast...

it was so hot behind the banks...

boat bird, this little fellow hitched a ride for a day or so, he found us 40 miles in the ocean, he was so tired his little wings were dragging the ground, he found his way into the cabin, and made his bed in the v birth, on the cap's pillow... in spite of being tossed back on deck a few times he kept going back through the ports... we gave him food and water and he took off at the next anchorage.

yes.. more

note... check into the Bahamas, they take it seriously if you don't

my buddy...

the Bahamas kind of got lumped together... they all kind of look the same from the boat.. sorry

yep, aground...

Pigs can swim... who knew... lol

headed to andros across the tongue of the ocean dead calm

so dead calm also meant hot as hell, so i would run up next to these to get some wind and a bit of rain...

not a friendly parrot... and at about 4' total could snap your fingers off, like a mob boss

Fresh Creek Andros, coming in to see my uncle for the night.

crossing the gulf stream...

most of the time if we were sleeping on deck we would have our arms wrapped in a line to keep from getting tossed in the floor...

Fort Pierce Fl. i was ready to get off, and ready to get back to work...

the boat is still in Charleston, have to go down in a few weeks and bring it back up once the island waterway clears. it was a great trip, took longer than planed, and the other boat is still in the Caribbean at 1000 bucks a month till someone buys it or we go get it...

i shouldn't have taken that much time off i have a bunch of back log and projects that need to be finished for you guys. though after the last few years learning how short life really is while dealing with aging family and inevitable death; life is worth exploring, venturing out, seeing, take every chance you get to do something different go somewhere new. although a good portion of this trip was torture, i would not hesitate to go again! life is too short to spend it all working and slaving away for a few bucks.

i hope you enjoyed the photos, sorry it took so long to get posted, i came back to a crazy land lord threatening to change the shop locks and sell all my stuff, for a miss understanding, or maybe hes just a dick. then the house was filled with all sorts of issues water, flooding, well pump rebuild from 120' down all the way through. then some family obligations, and a couple days on the bike to decompress before the next hurricane huffed and puffed and flooded my house again...

anyway, thanks again for taking the time to have a look and supporting my work for so many years.

i hope these show up on all devices if not, sorry.