Hello from London

Just joined? Tell us about yourself
Ianmarsh
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Hello from London

Post by Ianmarsh »

Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbie to the homage world but I have fallen for some of the wonderful work I've seen on this forum. I am utterly lacking the skills needed to build anything myself but hope to acquire a nice vintage-look piece before too long. I am going to do my homework now, reading up on the history of Panerai (pointers to any good sites more than welcome).

Thanks for having me here.
Rep: Rolex Sea-Dweller | Tudor GMT | Panerai 6152 | Seiko Fifty-5 Fathoms
Gen: Bremont Alt-1B | Poljot Okean | Raketa Big 0 | Seagull 1963
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: Hello from London

Post by Emilio »

Welcome!

We have these links for you:

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27

:arrow: https://mega.nz/#F!8R0FWaoS!IAasZXfb14Z7R1H6CLYp6w

Don't hesitate to ask anything!
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Welcome to H-F! Fire away with any question you may have, there are no dumb questions - only dumb answers.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
hako

Post by hako »

Welcome!
We all have started very humbly.
Just go for it, have fun and ask what you need to know.
====================================
Da builds: http://homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59#p101
====================================
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by blueradish »

Welcome, this gets real addicting very fast. Glad to have you on board.
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
tafari
VIP
VIP

Post by tafari »

welcome to hf
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

Greetings! This hobby is addictive and fun!

If you love horology, tinkering and building watches ... this is the place! (Note: I said Horology, not Whoreology ... two different hobbies altogether .. though both are as expensive!)

You have come to the right place for homage custom watch building knowledge and experience... this place is full of it!
Alpacalypse Now
Ianmarsh
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by Ianmarsh »

Thanks for the kind welcome all. Something addictive is really not what I need! I got into photography a while back and at the last count I have got through almost 50 different cameras and maybe 100 lenses. I have now stabilised on the photography front as my wife has learned to recognise the smell of a new camera. I am hoping to fool her for a while with watches.

This is all my son's fault though. We bought him a (gen) Tudor Black Bay for his 18th and I was jealous having worn a £30 Citizen quartz for the last 15 years. I've a nice Bremont watch for myself now, plus some nice cheap Chinese and Russian ones. But I've a hankering for a vintage Panerai (or six) that my budget cannot satisfy.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

you're the man I need to talk to!!! ... I have 3 Cameras ... that I need to get rid of 2 system :lol: ... Fuji Xt30 and Sony A7RII ... both are in pristine condition, boxes and lens and probably less than 100 shots ... I have just been too lazy to put them up. What's the best place to list them!?

I am going to settle with the A7III instead
Ianmarsh wrote: October 26th, 2020, 12:23 pm Thanks for the kind welcome all. Something addictive is really not what I need! I got into photography a while back and at the last count I have got through almost 50 different cameras and maybe 100 lenses. I have now stabilised on the photography front as my wife has learned to recognise the smell of a new camera. I am hoping to fool her for a while with watches.

This is all my son's fault though. We bought him a (gen) Tudor Black Bay for his 18th and I was jealous having worn a £30 Citizen quartz for the last 15 years. I've a nice Bremont watch for myself now, plus some nice cheap Chinese and Russian ones. But I've a hankering for a vintage Panerai (or six) that my budget cannot satisfy.
Alpacalypse Now
Ianmarsh
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by Ianmarsh »

TimemiT wrote: October 26th, 2020, 1:00 pm you're the man I need to talk to!!! ... I have 3 Cameras ... that I need to get rid of 2 system :lol: ... Fuji Xt30 and Sony A7RII ... both are in pristine condition, boxes and lens and probably less than 100 shots ... I have just been too lazy to put them up. What's the best place to list them!?

I am going to settle with the A7III instead
Good choice. I started with sony, then Minolta, then Canon, then Olympus, then Canon, then Fuji and now I have both Fuji and Sony gear. If I was forced to have just one it would be Sony, I think, but I do like Fuji colours.

I've not traded much in the US due to customs issues but the UK arm of MPB.com is a decent place to sell to a dealer, the Fredmiranda.com forum has a good reputation as far as I know but for your Fuji gear look at https://www.fujix-forum.com. I use this from time to time and Talk Photography but that is UK-focused.