Hi (again)

Just joined? Tell us about yourself
Ncrich
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Hi (again)

Post by Ncrich »

Hi all. I joined a few days ago, but just noticed the intro section as I as too busy browsing through your tutorials and builds. I was on the other board but not active. I'm a mod on RWG and like to build vintage watches, mostly Rolly reps to date but now I'm looking at some homage building.

I think Yoda came over to our place last week and decided it wasn't the place for him. I'll admit its an acquired taste. :-) But that alerted me to this place so I'm very glad he stopped by.

I recognize some of you from the other boards and look forward to learning from you.

Rich
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Hi (again)

Post by straps68 »

I was gonna ask which RWG but I don't have to anymore since I read your whole post.

Glad to have you here.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Welcome back!
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Welcome aboard [mention]Ncrich[/mention] ... I think we have briefly met on RWG. I joined what seems like 10 years ago when I was looking for a home to learn some fundamentals of watch building. I’ve not been active there at all though.

I’m looking forward to hearing what plans you have in the pipeline. There is nothing like the satisfaction of building a watch yourself .....well unless it’s a watch you designed and fabricated from scratch.
:shifty:

Ncrich
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Ncrich »

Tanukjaju wrote: February 26th, 2020, 6:22 pm Welcome aboard @Ncrich ... I think we have briefly met on RWG. I joined what seems like 10 years ago when I was looking for a home to learn some fundamentals of watch building. I’ve not been active there at all though.

I’m looking forward to hearing what plans you have in the pipeline. There is nothing like the satisfaction of building a watch yourself .....well unless it’s a watch you designed and fabricated from scratch.
Hi, it should be an adventure. I ordered a couple of inexpensive radiomirs from Ali and a few dials from Ross just to have something to tear up learning. The last serious build I did was a 6542 where a friend of mine split creating the decal gilt dials, DWOs, case mods, and casting the bakelite inserts. That took a while. I am looking at doing a rolerai I think, but need to read more. I've got a DSN rolerai from several years back when he used engraved Molnija movements but its pretty plain otherwise. Much learning to do.
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Ncrich wrote: February 26th, 2020, 6:57 pm
Tanukjaju wrote: February 26th, 2020, 6:22 pm Welcome aboard @Ncrich ... I think we have briefly met on RWG. I joined what seems like 10 years ago when I was looking for a home to learn some fundamentals of watch building. I’ve not been active there at all though.

Hi, it should be an adventure. I ordered a couple of inexpensive radiomirs from Ali and a few dials from Ross just to have something to tear up learning. The last serious build I did was a 6542 where a friend of mine split creating the decal gilt dials, DWOs, case mods, and casting the bakelite inserts. That took a while. I am looking at doing a rolerai I think, but need to read more. I've got a DSN rolerai from several years back when he used engraved Molnija movements but its pretty plain otherwise. Much learning to do.
IMO, It’s time to post a Work in Progress thread. Post lots of pics etc and if you encounter any speed bumps, there should be other builders here that can give you quick tips. The issue I still have is when the solution requires you to run off to eBay to buy some special parts or tools.
:shifty:

tafari
VIP
VIP

Post by tafari »

welcome back
hako

Post by hako »

Welcome back.
If you are interested in Rolerai dials, apart from Ross, there is also pvirus and Belkin12 who manufacture great engraved parts. Belkin12 can also finish them by chemically blackening the raw dial. When looking in the threads you will find ample examples.
====================================
Da builds: http://homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59#p101
====================================
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by blueradish »

Welcome to the shop [mention]Ncrich[/mention] I'm sure we've crossed paths over at RWG. Look forward to seeing some of your builds.
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Post by Mellons »

Welcmoe back [mention]Ncrich[/mention] ! Im active over on rwg also
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,