Hello From Chicago

Just joined? Tell us about yourself
bronzerai
VIP
VIP

Re: Hello From Chicago

Post by bronzerai »

Welcome! I was planning to swing through Chicago for some good food and to visit Optimo haberdashery on my way to Cincinnati but unfortunately missed a connection. We may have to start a Vintage Diver Homages section.
hako

Post by hako »

Welcome here’s d have fun!
====================================
Da builds: http://homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59#p101
====================================
binbin
VIP
VIP

Post by binbin »

Great to see another new member. :)

Welcome to the family Noir.
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by blueradish »

Welcome to the shop, really have an interest in those 60s/7-s divers as well. Prices for some of them on eBay are crazy.
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
Noir
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by Noir »

bronzerai wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:41 pm Welcome! I was planning to swing through Chicago for some good food and to visit Optimo haberdashery on my way to Cincinnati but unfortunately missed a connection. We may have to start a Vintage Diver Homages section.

Ha, my bus stop is literally a block away from Optimo. 2 blocks from optimo is Central Camera... another place I frequent. There is so many options for food here and beer!

Grimlocktime wrote: January 15th, 2020, 4:37 pm Chicago is my favorite city in the US. (Aside from traffic)

I’ve spent a ton of time there. My wife and I love it so much that we did a steakhouse and bar vacation there last year.

Welcome!
That's what I use to do before moving here! What bar did you go? There is a place that focuses on Belgian beer and its called Monk's Pub.
blueradish wrote: January 16th, 2020, 4:49 pm Welcome to the shop, really have an interest in those 60s/7-s divers as well. Prices for some of them on eBay are crazy.
Thanks! Yeah, lately those divers' prices have been climbing so high that I just flat out refuse to spend money even on the broken ones. But once in the while you find good ones...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Post by Mellons »

Welcome to the home of ‘scope shift’!
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27
Grimlocktime
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by Grimlocktime »

Noir wrote: January 16th, 2020, 5:12 pm
Grimlocktime wrote: January 15th, 2020, 4:37 pm Chicago is my favorite city in the US. (Aside from traffic)

I’ve spent a ton of time there. My wife and I love it so much that we did a steakhouse and bar vacation there last year.

Welcome!
That's what I use to do before moving here! What bar did you go? There is a place that focuses on Belgian beer and its called Monk's Pub.
Too many to mention But the ones I remember were The Berkshire and Three Dots and a Dash...awesome

We also spent way to much of my watch funds at the Chicago Chop House and Smith and Wollensky. But it was well worth it.
heretical_contrarian
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by heretical_contrarian »

Hello and welcome! I travel to Chicago a few times in the spring and summer. Glad to see someone close (I'm downstate)
Noir
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by Noir »

Grimlocktime wrote: January 17th, 2020, 12:17 am
Noir wrote: January 16th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Welcome!
Too many to mention But the ones I remember were The Berkshire and Three Dots and a Dash...awesome

We also spent way to much of my watch funds at the Chicago Chop House and Smith and Wollensky. But it was well worth it.
I haven't been to those yet! I recently went to bavettes ... A place where Don Drapper would love.

Mellons wrote: January 16th, 2020, 5:46 pm Welcome to the home of ‘scope shift’!
heretical_contrarian wrote: January 17th, 2020, 7:57 am Hello and welcome! I travel to Chicago a few times in the spring and summer. Glad to see someone close (I'm downstate)
Thanks Guys!