Hi from the Isle of Wight

Just joined? Tell us about yourself
p0pperini
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Hi from the Isle of Wight

Post by p0pperini »

Hello all,

I’m nobby, from the Island. I make video games and my background is basically art and design.

I found the forum today, while searching for good guides to aging watch components. I’m a latecomer to watch collecting, but have found myself filled with enthusiasm for this hobby, to the extent that it’s in danger of becoming a bit of an obsession...

I’ve been very busy building a collection of watches recently, buying from TDs and M2M on another forum, and I’m keen to try my hand at “vintagizing” one or two of them.

I’ve already recognized one or two names - and I’m looking forward to continuing to read and learn here.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Re: Hi from the Isle of Wight

Post by Yoda »

Welcome to H-F!
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Car lover

I'm hot

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Post by Tanukjaju »

If there are specific questions that you aren’t finding results for, please let us know as we haven’t transferred everything from the old forum.

Looking forwards to pics of what you have acquired, have or will be modding. We have lots of great vendors here to help support your obsession.

Welcome aboard!!
:shifty:

rodeoro
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by rodeoro »

Welcome caulkhead, you’ve come to the right place. The depth of talent and artistry will more than satisfy you
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

Welcome nobby

LoL .. I'd be interested to know what Brits terms for those from the Isle of Wight ... just like Americans has their names for Americans from other parts
Alpacalypse Now
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Strap maker

Post by blueradish »

Welcome, what's watch are you planning for the first vintage project?
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
p0pperini
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by p0pperini »

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!

TimemiT, rodeoro named me correctly in his welcome, “caulkhead”. :)

blueradish, it’s going too take some courage first for me to commit to altering the look of any of my precious new timepieces... :) The most likely candidate is a single red Sea-Dweller, coincidentally the first rep I bought M2M.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

:lol: all righty then ... caulkhead

well ... we have our own names here in Florida ... the land where people get their faces eaten by meth-heads, kilos of cocaine wash up on our shores, and presidential elections get stolen ... allegedly :mrgreen: .... and we have nice beaches and warm island waters ;)
n0bby wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 5:35 pm Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!

TimemiT, rodeoro named me correctly in his welcome, “caulkhead”. :)

blueradish, it’s going too take some courage first for me to commit to altering the look of any of my precious new timepieces... :) The most likely candidate is a single red Sea-Dweller, coincidentally the first rep I bought M2M.
Alpacalypse Now
p0pperini
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by p0pperini »

BTW, I did already begin work on two projects; the first starting from a rusty, broken piece I bought - a rep of the Tempus Machina 216A Red Depth. It suffered water damage some time in the past and was in a bit of a sorry state.

I've cleaned up the case and dial, and have a dome plexi to fit, big crown and new movement on the way. But I'm not planning any further ageing to this one, I'd just like to use it as a test for simple watch stripping and reconstruction. I'm really just finding my feet, very cautiously!

The other project is building up a PloProf 2 from component parts - I wanted to buy a rep but they're hard to come by and the offer of parts to begin a build project came up first!
p0pperini
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by p0pperini »

Ah, you're a Floridonian TimemiT. We had a holiday in Florida around Thanksgiving time in 2017. Most memorable for me because it was the first time I had the opportunity to shoot a variety of long arms on full-auto. There was nice scenery, lovely beaches, Cape Canaveral and crocs too of course. But yeah... the guns...