Aragon DM 4 Chrono - The Grand Slam

Original designs from traditional watchmakers
Piloten
VIP
VIP

Aragon DM 4 Chrono - The Grand Slam

Post by Piloten »

In more ways than one.

As a child of WW2 vets, I grew up hearing about it and some things stuck. One of the notable things being the grand slam bomb, 11 tons of boom packed onto Lancasters.

As a convert to Aragon Watches, I have become just as fascinated with Wing's occasionally equally attention getting offerings, the latest one being the Divemaster NE88 chronograph. I was torn between the full lume white dial and the classic black.

The black won.

And this is the grand slam of chronos.

Wing has a marvelous sale on at the moment, a 200m, Japanese engine auto chronograph for $450. I placed my order on Sunday and it was here yesterday afternoon. Just incomparable customer service, the same as the last, um, four, times. The lovely blue magnetic seal box and the bubble wrapped watch inside with about 900 feet of blue plastic.

This

Is

A

Beast.

50mm by almost 20 high. About 70mm lug to lug.

Three hundred and thirty odd grams.

Brushed finish case and lovely, chunky bracelet with a button flip lock clasp.

The same lovely notched exhibition caseback over the plain undecorated movement, again.

The lumed bezel, hands, indices, "12", "Aragon" and of course the lumed crown are various colours. This time the whole crown face is lumed with the Aragon logo not lumed.

The date is almost invisible down at 4:15 or so which suits me on this treatment because of the dial and hands. The subdials are stunning circle etched wheels with 3D mini bezels that seem to float off the dial.

The thing that puts this watch over the top for me is the job Wing did on the hands. All the hands are outlines except the chrono and all are lumed. The hour hand is plain polished steel. The minute hand is international orange. The chrono and subdial hands are all gorgeous reflective red which sheen sparkles as you turn the face round. At the right angle, the chrono and sub hands seem to leap out of the dial, just absolutely captivating.

Dear Zeus, I think I just soiled myself.

Now, I just broke my wrist on Sunday, the Guzzi giving me a little bite to remind me to pay attention, so my left wrist shots are brief, the watch being on the right for now which feels odd but:

This does not wear like the wristburger I describe, not entirely sure why but for a two inch by three-quarter inch piece of steel nearing a pound, it is super comfortable. You won't be wearing it with a suit but it suits any casual use very nicely. The good news is, there is now a 45mm x 18mm version for you humans.

All in all, I think this one is a keeper and likely a daily wearer, suitable for most things.

And, fuck me blue, I am wondering about the white, full lume dial now. DAMN YOU, WING LIANG ;)

I love the lumed crown
civic4982
VIP
VIP

Re: Aragon DM 4 Chrono - The Grand Slam

Post by civic4982 »

Neat case. Bezel reminds me of the Ploprof. I kinda like the lumed crown.

It would probably dwarf my wrist at 7.25” though.

Seems like a lot of watch for the money.

Wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Re: Aragon DM 4 Chrono - The Grand Slam

Post by Yoda »

It's a great looking watch, looks comfortable despite the sheer size.
Good to see Max as well.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.