Proxima vintage diver bronze

Original designs from traditional watchmakers
kilowattore
VIP
VIP

Proxima vintage diver bronze

Post by kilowattore »

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section, if not please mods feel free to move the discussion wherever it's meant to be :)

PROXIMA VINTAGE DIVER BRONZE

I stumbled upon this website clicking on a link found in a discussion I can't find any longer.
I decided to surf the site a bit just 'cause I was bored, I have never been a fan of these microbrands.

I had to reconsider my opinion this time though, I found a few pieces that sparkled my interested and this one looked nice enough to convince me to buy it.

Here is a spec list copied from their website:

Case Materal : CUSN8
Case back: titanium
Case Diameter : 40 MM
Case Thickness :14 MM
Lug width : 20MM
Lume : Swiss C3 Super-luminova
Bezel : Ceramic Bezel
Glass : Domed Sapphire Glass with AR Coating
Movement : Japan NH35
WR : 200M

Watch was delivered inside a black heavy duty hard plastic case. Inside the box two foam layers were protecting it from damage.

Watch is claimed to be made in CuSn8 bronze. I'm not so sure they declared the correct alloy although it is definitely a bronze alloy of some sort. You can check a comparison with my bronzo 382 and you will notice how the Proxima bronze color looks closer to rose gold while the 382 is leaning more towards yellow.

Leaving this detail aside the watch looks and feels great, bezel is nicely machined and makes crisp clicks when operated.

Dial is very simple but the grey tone suits bronze case greatly and I also liked both the shape of hour and minute hand and the orange seconds hand.

When I received the watch case was in brand new condition, meaning the polished sides of it were shining like a fancy rose gold ladies watch :lol:
Obviously I had to expose it to boiled eggs for about 30 minutes in order to create some patina and remove that gloss. Another point on my hypothesis that it's not CuSn8 is the funky purplish patina the watch developed. Nothing similar ever appeared on my 382.
In any case not a problem at all, and the brand new look allows all tinkerers like me to have some fun trying different patina methods :)

The only thing that was subpar is the strap. The grey leather strap showed on the website, although great looking, revealed to be too thick and feeling a littel too much like plastic for my taste so I had to change it immediately.

All in all a lot of watch for under 300 usd shipped imho.

Enjoy some pics:

Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: Proxima vintage diver bronze

Post by Emilio »

Nice!
Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

Re: Proxima vintage diver bronze

Post by Hidden Impact »

I too always wondered how they came up with advertising the chemical label for the their bronze alloys. CuSN8. The fractions can be so variable but I will say many of these non branded Asian bronze watches patina very similar.

I quite like the off green/blue/purple patina. [emoji846]

There is no other bronze I've ever experienced like white bronze. Nejad perfectly created those cases into artistic wonders.

Nice watch. As always, beautiful photography.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk