Zelos vs. Boldr

Original designs from traditional watchmakers
bronzerai
VIP
VIP

Zelos vs. Boldr

Post by bronzerai »

I recently received a refund via CC dispute for a Kickstarter watch project that went sideways and now the money is burning a hole in my pocket.
The current top two contenders are the Zelos Hammerhead in bronze with meteorite dial:

Or

The Boldr Odyssey MeteoBronze (yes there's a theme here)

Anyone own either of these watches and can give some first hand feedback, especially on wearability for smaller wrists?
Last edited by bronzerai on October 13th, 2019, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: Zelos vs. Boldr

Post by Emilio »

I cannot comment on these watches since it's the first time I see them but I love the second one.

Its design is more timeless.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Re: Zelos vs. Boldr

Post by TimemiT »

I've seen the Zelos before ... I was searching for watches that use meteorite dials.

What really gets me ... and I wish all these micro brands would take to heart is ...

These larger sub-type dial ... WTF does a tiny little date window do??? what purpose??? I know the movement comes with a date wheel, but I think it just creates this crap garbage look on a nice dial. A little date window just takes away from the aesthetics of the dial! Unless you are going to put a cyclops on the crystal ... PLEASE ... nix the date window!

We are buying these watches for the beauty of the dial ... an annoying date wheel cutout just screws that all up!

Otherwise ... the meteorite dial is Very very cool!
Alpacalypse Now