Whats your favourite omega

Original designs from traditional watchmakers
Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Re: Whats your favourite omega

Post by Mellons »

great to have that- air my grandfather also had an omega just can't remember which model
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

tafari
VIP
VIP

Post by tafari »

another nice Omega, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award. I like it with the lume snoopy on the dial and on the caseback, very cute

pics from the net
ImageImageImage
TUFF Stough
Centurion
Centurion

Post by TUFF Stough »

tafari wrote:another nice Omega, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award. I like it with the lume snoopy on the dial and on the caseback, very cute

pics from the net
ImageImageImage
The moon watch is currently the only heritage Omega can proud of, but Omega is ruining its resale value by releasing too many special edition of Speedmaster, becoming not so special anymore.
erlendh
VIP
VIP

Post by erlendh »

TUFF Stough wrote: May 27th, 2019, 8:31 amThe moon watch is currently the only heritage Omega can proud of, but Omega is ruining its resale value by releasing too many special edition of Speedmaster, becoming not so special anymore.
This is so true. But I guess it must be profitable, must be a lot of fans out there who's been buying Schumacher Eidition, Tokyo 2020 edition, Japan Edition, Alaska Project and god knows what.
Alga
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Alga »

The big triangle Seamaster 300...
civic4982
VIP
VIP

Post by civic4982 »

Alga wrote:The big triangle Seamaster 300...
Indeed... love these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
earloflondon
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by earloflondon »

I had 3 gen Omega timepieces in my life. But, none is left for completely idiotic reasons. All became collectible and now fetch 3-5 fold prices I originally paid. What a moron I am.

First one was a classic, Prussian blue waved dial, all Swiss made SS seamaster, which I paid for about $1700 20+ years ago.

Second one was a réédition of the Dynamic chrono. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it was something really hefty

The third and the last one had a great and strange story behind. I first bought a Breitling SuperOcean 1500m, which I had to return as the crown fell off while I was trying to lock it. Than I bought o Zenith El Primero HWwith some couple of £s atop from the same dealer. The, the watch started to gain 5 minutes a day after a couple of months of fair use. I was really frustrated, and returned it to the watch to the dealer, now swapping with an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch. It started to gáin +5 minutes a day in just a week's time. This time I got really angry and returned the watch for a swap with a Rolex datejust 36mm. Now I am keeping it and very happy.

But all the Omegas have gone. And I am really sorry that I sold the first two, and I returned the third one and for not keeping any of them[emoji45]

Below pictures of the watches in question. Rollie not thereImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tapatalk

moreye
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by moreye »

Yoda wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:53 pm "Only" two, Constellation Pie Pan and Speedmaster.
Came here to write the same thing. Especially Constellation Pie Pan with Black dial.
earloflondon
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by earloflondon »

moreye wrote:
Yoda wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:53 pm "Only" two, Constellation Pie Pan and Speedmaster.
Came here to write the same thing. Especially Constellation Pie Pan with Black dial.
What a beautiful vintage piece

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tapatalk