SpaceKX Homage

Seiko, Soxa, and FFF mods and parts discussion
TimeLost
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

SpaceKX Homage

Post by TimeLost »

This is a homage to a modified Seiko SKX007 that went to International Space Station in 2018.
Using the same parts and manufacturers as the one that went to space.
Dial is 1 year anniversary (2019) it has rocket logo instead of trident (2018).
Chrome hands from are no longer available so I have to use black hands produced by the same manufacturer.
Full article:
https://monochrome-watches.com/a-space- ... n-the-iss/
Last edited by TimeLost on June 14th, 2021, 4:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
User Builds Panel
· 3646 California Dial gone
· 3646 Kiefer Dial gone
· SpaceKX
· Aurora Australis
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: SpaceKX Homage

Post by Emilio »

It actually looks very professional [emoji106]
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Post by jrlmsla »

Very nice. Is the rocket logo on the dial from Dagaz or did you add that yourself?
TimeLost
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

SpaceKX Homage

Post by TimeLost »

jrlmsla wrote:Very nice. Is the rocket logo on the dial from Dagaz or did you add that yourself?
Hi, yes it’s Dagaz dial but it’s not available on the website. It’s a 1 year commemoration dial that Jake made to celebrate the SeikoMod (using Dagaz parts) that went to International Space Station back in 2018.
User Builds Panel
· 3646 Kiefer Dial gone
· SpaceKX
· Aurora Australis
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by blueradish »

Fantastic build, strap nicely finishes the package.
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Post by jrlmsla »

TimeLost wrote:
jrlmsla wrote:Very nice. Is the rocket logo on the dial from Dagaz or did you add that yourself?
Hi, yes it’s Dagaz dial but it’s not available on the website. It’s a 1 year commemoration dial that Jake made to celebrate the SeikoMod (using Dagaz parts) that went to International Space Station back in 2018.
Love it.
What is your opinion of Erica’s straps vs. the cheap ones on Ali/eBay/cheapestnatostraps.com? I assume they are nicer but are they $90 vs $15 nicer?
TimeLost
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by TimeLost »

jrlmsla wrote:
TimeLost wrote:
Love it.
What is your opinion of Erica’s straps vs. the cheap ones on Ali/eBay/cheapestnatostraps.com? I assume they are nicer but are they $90 vs $15 nicer?
To be really really honest I think it’s a lot of money for such an extremely simple elastic band that keeps coming loose. By saying that we all experienced it differently.
User Builds Panel
· 3646 Kiefer Dial gone
· SpaceKX
· Aurora Australis
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Post by jrlmsla »

TimeLost wrote:
jrlmsla wrote:
TimeLost wrote: Hi, yes it’s Dagaz dial but it’s not available on the website. It’s a 1 year commemoration dial that Jake made to celebrate the SeikoMod (using Dagaz parts) that went to International Space Station back in 2018.
Love it.
To be really really honest I think it’s a lot of money for such an extremely simple elastic band that keeps coming loose. By saying that we all experienced it differently.
It’s funny there is a whole thread over on WUS that is dedicated to if Erica’s are worth the money or not. It’s almost as entertaining as someone posting a question of who makes the most accurate Rolex rep over on RWG.
I keep almost buying one. I just need to get it over with and see what I think.
Anyway sorry for derailing your thread.
I love Seiko mods and this is a very clean and I love the step towards pilot watch you don’t see as frequently in an SKX mod.
Nicely done
hako

Post by hako »

This is a beauty!
The coated bezel is a really nice touch that goes very well with the techie background story of the dial.
====================================
Da builds: http://homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59#p101
====================================
TimeLost
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

SpaceKX Homage

Post by TimeLost »

For people who are not familiar with SeikoMods and doesn’t know what’s SpaceKX is here it on the right and yes one of ¿50? went up to ISS. It’s the driving force for this project and it doesn’t cost 1.6k lol!
User Builds Panel
· 3646 Kiefer Dial gone
· SpaceKX
· Aurora Australis