Seiko 5M62-0AY0 Question.

Seiko, Soxa, and FFF mods and parts discussion
binbin
VIP
VIP

Seiko 5M62-0AY0 Question.

Post by binbin »

My bosses father in-law has a Seiko 5M62-0AY0 Kinetic Diver that is not holding a charge.

I've opened the watch and can see that the capacitor/rechargeble battery is leaking at the seam. I'm pretty confident I've got the correct 30235MY battery identified. (also checked the photos to the real deal and I'm good)

The problem I'm having is the case back gasket. I think it might be a FE298BAD2 but not sure. If I run that thru ebay I can find this ad....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Case-Bac ... Swq1JZHg68

Which is nice enough to show you a list of cases it works on. The list does not show the case number above, but there are some case numbers really close.

The watch is a lefty and there does appear to be a few online. They might also go by the number SKA291P. I'm not sure of this but have seen images with this number.

This is an image from online that looks identical to the watch.
Screenshot_2020-09-04 Seiko Kinetic Scuba Diver's 200M Kinetic Watch 5M62-0AY0 #513024239.png
Screenshot_2020-09-04 Seiko Kinetic Scuba Diver's 200M Kinetic Watch 5M62-0AY0 #513024239(1).png
Any info would be great. Also a good source for parts at a reasonable price for shipping to Canada. The ebay link I posted is a little pricey on the shipping to Canada.

Thank you for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: Seiko 5M62-0AY0 Question.

Post by Emilio »

binbin
VIP
VIP

Post by binbin »

That's a good link Emilio. I have a similar package, probably should purchase some more.

The Seiko gasket is a flat type seal. Owner would like an authentic Seiko gasket. I explained they are pricey and I do not known the exact part number. (Could cause me to have to purchase a couple to get the right one.)

I have a couple leads. Just waiting on emails.

Thank you for the link.
binbin
VIP
VIP

Post by binbin »

OK, just a follow up to update this thread in case anyone stumbles across it while trying to service the same watch.

The battery was a p/n 30235MY.
Case back gasket was p/n 0C3060B0A

Jules Borel carries these parts but can not ship the lithium battery due to hazardous restrictions.

S.T.Supply also carries these parts. Similar pricing. $24.00 US shipping to Canada. Ouch. More than the price of the parts.

Parts arrived yesterday. Watch is running great.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Nice to hear!